The whole Snail Unit is out in force to name our loved and hated skincare gimmicks. Start your dick count score cards!
In this week’s episode, the HolyFan (Chel from Holy Snails and Tracy from fanserviced-b and fanserviced) sub-unit teams up for an enthusiastic round of shameless kpop music appreciation, confessions of plushie hoarding, and explaining why k-pop guyliner is #goals.
Note: when we say “CF,” we mean commercial (commercials are called CFs, commercial films, in Korea)
- “driving music” EXO Tactix (this embed is going to break, so get your fill now)
- “who is that in the middle?” SHINee’s Sherlock MV
- NYC Kpop Record Stores (Koryo Books, Bandi Books Flushing)
- EXO Baekhyun’s burgundry makeup look tutorial by Ssin
- Britney Spears’ perfume empire
- EXO’s Nature Republic look
- SHINee’s Etude House CF
- EXO Goobne Chicken CF
- Red Velvet’s Marie Antoinette makeup article by Joyce Kong
- Ferfree R’shyt White Milky Crystal Balm Cream
- SHINee Key’s skincare routine video
- Confessions of a Coordinoona
- Jessica’s Vogue skincare routine
- Blanc & Eclare
- Tracy’s post on Lipstick Chateau Wine Bit Color
The snail unit talks self care, finding your porn, and our favorite moments from the last year.
Today is our first snailiversary by the way!!!
- Cat’s Skincare SOS
- Cat’s non con Sulwhasoo soap review
- Tracy on skincaretainment
- Fiddy on how her kbeauty routine helps her fight depression
- Chel’s routine hack
The Snail Twins subunit (Chel from Holy Snails and Fiddy from Fifty Shades of Snail) reminisce on pregnancy and new motherhood, and how that affects skincare – aka the episode that functions as inadvertent birth control. Dick count is 0, but prepare for the barrage of nipple talk.
- Fifty Shades of Snail: How My Elaborate Korean Skincare Routine Helps Me Fight Depression
- Beautibi: Maskingdom Having A Baby Mask
- Fifty Shades of Snail: How to Build An Asian Skincare Routine
- Fanserviced-B: Easy Starter KBeauty Routine For $100 on Amazon
- Snow White & The Asian Pear: Beginner Friendly: Simple K-Beauty Starter Kit #1 – Oily & Acne-Prone Skin Type
In this beauty roundtable with the ladies of the Snailunit, Tracy needs an intervention for her giant beauty stash, Chel reminds us that there’s more to K-beauty than cosmetics, Cat (fka Snow) whips out a seasonal skincare hack and talks pulling back on the acids, and Fiddy answers a listener question about brightening and hyperpigmentation.
- Scroll through Tracy’s Instagram if you want an idea of the depth of her stash issues
- Cat’s giant stash reorganization project, part 1 and part 2
- Cat’s skincare wardrobe tag
- Fiddy’s (more or less) current beauty stash inventory
- Korean nail artist Unistella
- Cat plans her winter skincare routine (whilst sitting in a puddle of late summer sweat)
- Fiddy talks tretinoin skincare with her Curology provider
The Snailunit discusses misleading marketing on preservatives, MLM metal masks, and cutesy x collab overload.
- Chel’s post on parabens
- Fiddy’s Hera x Nicholas Kirkwood Limited Edition cushion
- adoredee’s post on How to beauty haul responsibly
- History of Whoo Limited Edition cushions on @jolenecyl on Instagram
- Amway/Artistry skincare
- Tracy’s post on Korean ingredients list order
- Beauty recap from Kind of Stephen
The snails celebrate the 20th episode with a whole lot of dicks and free talk about current beauty news.
- Diving Is the K-Beauty Trick for Melt-Proof Makeup – Vogue
- KFC Sunscreen
- Jessica Jung’s Skincare Routine
- Makeup Addiction Subreddit post about setting sprays
- Truth in Advertising Calls Out the Kardashians
- Scott Disick’s Instagram Mistake
- The Fashion Law
- The Dirty Advertising Practices of the Industry’s Biggest Brands, Bloggers
- Centipede Poop
- NSFW AT ALL: Sex Products Penis Enlargement Essential Oils Sex Delay Men’s Penis Care Massage Oil Extension Growth Extender Enhancers 10ml 3p
- Snow’s blog: Milky Dress Vita C+ Powder Review & It’s Time to Get Nerdy About Vitamin C
- Snow’s blog: Cosrx BHA Power Liquid Exfoliant Review & My Descent Into BHA Research Madness
- Scientific Studies: Last Week Tonight with John Oliver (HBO)
- Snow’s blog: Elizavecca Milky Piggy Carbonated Bubble Clay Mask Review: Tested & Detested
- Racked: The Sheet Mask Sanitation Scandal Rocking the K Beauty World
This episode we’re talking about skincare techniques that we love. Find out which of us can’t follow directions for shit, why Fiddy needs to buy swim goggles, who has hair that reaches her mid-thigh, and the story behind why Chel slathers her whole body in Shark Sauce.
This episode on how we organize our stashes was inspired by an episode request from Dora, a listener, who asked: “Can you maybe talk about storage for vast collections of beauty products? I have no clue where to put all my stuff so that it is still readily available and doesn’t clutter the whole bathroom. Thanks!”
If you have an episode idea for us, let us know!
- Spreadsheet & Stash
- Weekday Randomness: Update on Haulzilla 2014; the line between high-maintenance and hoarder
- Weekly review, Beauty Tool Edition: Airless Pump Bottles
- Chel’s Mishibox unboxings
- Having It All, or: Multitasking and the Full Korean Skin Care Routine
- Fiddy’s empties and organization
- ramen noodle guard